Thursday, April 05, 2007

Growing up


Leo is potty trained! I was beginning to think the day would never come. He is ready for preschool with 5 months to spare. Now if I could only convince him that he is not ready for wiping by himself ("I can, Mommy. I a big boy!") A big boy who makes a big mess.

Sam FINALLY sprouted his firt 2 teeth yesterday. They are so cute and little. I am going to miss that open mouth, all-gum smile. I think he is waiting for the molars, teeth that actually would help him chew. The kid is all ready for steak. All he needs is a good set of molars and permission to use a steak knife.
Sam can eat, which is no surprise when you look at the size of him. But Leo was the same size at that age and not alot of babyfood passed his lips. Sam eats babyfood, table food, breastmilk, formula. He is not so picky when it comes to food. I gave him chicken the other night and he inhaled it making cave man noises the entire time. He kind of bangs on his tray, demanding more.

Sam also realized this week that he is mobile. He has been rolling for months, but more for entertainment. Now he knows that rolling gets him somewhere (and often into something). He can also get himself sitting up from laying down by propping himself up on his elbow and then grunting and groaning until he can get himself upright. I laid him in bed with me the other morning, wanting to snuggle with him. All he wanted to do was practice sitting up. He is like a Weeble now. Crawling isn't far off. I really need to clean my house!

Carly is growing up too. She has a job now, which, from what I can tell, involves sitting at her table, I mean her desk filling out "numbers" into old expense reports I brought home from work. Her desk has to have lots of pens and markers and a stapler. She also talks on her cell phone saying things like "that is very disappointing", "that number on the bottom is 50, that one on the almost bottom is 95", and "well, tell her to use her imagination". Can't wait until she gets her first paycheck!

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

clearly the doll house was a mistake for carly's birthday...a computer and a business suit would have made more sense :)