Dear Gerber,
I have no idea why I buy your products other than the fact that I am inexplicably drawn to the packaging. I can easily tell the carrots from the sweet potatoes from the squash. Except somehow the other day I bought some mango dessert. Why do you make dessert anyway? Never have I been at the pediatrician and had them ask me if I have started my baby on desserts yet. But I digress.
What I really want to know is who designed those stupid plastic containers you use now? I can see that maybe they are better for travelling. Although, I think glass jars are less likely to break than the plastic and squirt food all over your diaper bag. Maybe that is why you decided to go with the military grade foil seal. Would it have killed you add a little tab to peel that thing off? My nails look horrendous thanks to you. Then when I pour it into a bowl the nice wide lip on the container is covered with baby food. I have tried several approaches to this:
a) leave the food there, snap on the cover, send babyfood splattering everywhere
b) wipe it off on my finger, and then wipe my finger... where? okay, okay, then i usually lick the food off my finger, but I'm 32. I don't really like babyfood.
c) neatly wipe off with clean washcloth or paper towel. haha, I don't have time for this.
Also, I need both hands and arms, so the hungry screaming baby has to wait in the highchair while I complete this process. And then when I put the leftovers in the fridge, sans foil, I don't know what it is. Carrots or sweet potatoes? Pears or applesauce? Not that it really matters, but I want to know what it is, not guess at it like a babyshower game. And I am not tasting it. Again.
Your disgruntled consumer,
Missy
PS - does recyclable mean anything to you?
_________________________________________________
I did see at SuperTarget the other day, the good old glass jars. But they were mainly meat and meals, none of which Sam is eating yet (or will ever eat?). Sigh. Is it just me? The only good thing is that they come in 2 packs which is convenient. Otherwise I hate these containers.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you forgot about the fact that when you go to peel the foil back it almost always squirts up out of the package due to the pressure. usually resulting in carrots on my white shirt.
is it just me, but even the lids to the glass jars are hard to put back on.
to solve your issue about what food is in the plastic container...they print the food name on the side. although the font is tiny so wear your reading glasses. but i agree, the foil on top needs a little tweaking. perhaps they could take a lesson from ziploc and make containers that have non-fall off lids.
Post a Comment