Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Things kids say

Cute things Carly said lately:

Momma, I love you just the way you are.
(To my stomach, in exaggerated baby talk) Hi little baby. Hi in there. I'm your big sister. Yes, I am.
Leo, I am not going to like you for my little brother any more.
Daddy, doesn't Mommy look cute with that baby in her tummy?
When Nana washes my face she uses warm water.

Leo isn't really at the cute or funny phase of talking, at least not in content. The way he says things, however, is hilarious, but difficult to capture in writing. Here are some of his favorites:

Up, peeeeeeez. Me up. Me up peeeeeeeez. Peeeeeeez. (Please put me up on the kitchen counter and let me help you make that mess.)
Howp me peeez. Howp me Daddy. Howp me. (Help me, of course.)
I hung-gee. I hung-gee. (hungry)
Oh. Hi Mom.
He-wo. (Hello when he answers the phone)

The other thing he does is laugh hysterically at the TV, especially if there is a show on with a laugh track. He has a big hearty, but entirely fake laugh that he seems to reserve for just this occasion. It makes us all laugh.

No comments: