Thursday, March 09, 2006

In sickness and in health

How come no one makes you take that vow when you have a baby? We've had a rough week of sickness here and I've been too tired to write about it until now. I should not complain much because we have had a fairly healthy winter, a few colds and croup notwithstanding. However this week we got a double whammy of an ear infection and rotovirus. Wouldn't you think the kids would at least get the same thing? Leo started throwing up one morning at the end of last week. We thought he had caught the stomach flu I had had the week before but his quickly turned into diarrhea. The most repulsive diapers I have ever changed had me had me simultaneously opening windows and thanking God I was past my first trimester. Carly's cold of a few weeks ago seemed to mutate into a nasty ear infection that had her up all night wimpering that her ear hurt. Since Leo wasn't getting any better either, I hauled them both to the doctor, who was also mildly amused that they were there for unrelated ailments. On our counter (okay, some are in the fridge) we have: Children's Motrin, Children's Tylenol, Amoxicillan, numbing ear drops, and Acidophilus for kids. And Leo's Zantac. Oh, and don't forget the Flinstone Vitamins. But if those vitamins really worked, would we have all these other meds?

No comments: