After 8 days away from home, we are back! Hawaii was warm, beautiful, and relaxing, but it is good to be home! I missed my little munchkins! We walked in the door and Carly yelled "A-LOOOOOO-HA" with the emphasis on the HA and my heart melted. Leo giggled like a maniac for the first 5 minutes - so cute. That's what he does now when he's excited- giggles. He seemed to grow about 2 inches, as did his hair. Carly learned lots of new words and uses them appropriately, including, but not limited to: recognize, mischievious, and devastate. It is like she got her hands on the vocabulary list of a 5th grader.
I cuddled them all evening, and took them to bed with me all night. Pat slept in Leo's bed - he saide we were so cuddled up he didn't want to move us. Both kids hopped in the shower with me the next morning. I haven't had a moment to myself since we've been back and I don't even mind!
The kids did great with Granny and Nana and Papa. All three grandparents were thoroughly exhausted by the end of their stint, but everyone survived. And thanks to the grandparents, we are well rested and ready to face the craziness of the upcoming months, including the addition (on the house), the addition (of a baby), and Pat going back to work AND coaching football while I am on maternity leave.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment