Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Updates, updates, and updates

The past two months have flown by and I really couldn't believe it when I checked my blog and saw I hadn't posted since December 2. Yikes! Work has been busy which means I have to work during regular business hours and then some. I am slowly coming out of the fog of 1st trimester blahness and when I am home now I actually spend more time up and about than I do on the couch.

We had a fabulous Christmas and it was so much fun with the kids finally getting to an age where they enjoy it. They love getting presents, of course, but they also loved giving presents and spending time with cousins. Leo had croup, which was a new illness for us. Always fun to learn what's out there. Thankfully for us we already had a nebulizer and nice supply of Pulmicort to get us through it. Carly's preschool program was adorable. She was the kid you could hear above all others, practically doing a solo during her favorite song "Kids with the King". I have to admit, it was a good song.

Leo is talking all the time and we understand approximately 20% of what he says. He calls us Mommy (or Mama) and Daddy most of the time, but in his babbling he says Mum or Dod. He is not shy at all around new people and loves to show off. He is obsessed with coins and it is a huge deal when he spots a penny on the ground. He yells Munnnneeeeee and pounces on it. Pennies work well for bribing, too. Not that we bribe him or anything. If you lurked outside our house you would laugh to hear Leo, if you pick up toys, you can have some money. Sounds like we are paying him to do stuff. Okay, maybe technically we are, but its two cents!

Carly turns four this week. Four - I can hardly believe it! We are signing her up for Kindergarten readiness this week, which is just fancy words for preschool for four year olds. I hope to do a post dedicated to my birthday girl later this week. The poor child isn't even getting a birthday party because we are going to Hawaii right after her birthday. Can't you hear her in therapy 20 years from now? My fourth birthday was a drag - my mom was busy washing clothes and packing for their trip. They forgot to make me a cake. And then they left me with my grandparents for a week. Not even a postcard. That was when I dyed my hair and started wearing all black. My preschool teachers hated it.

Can you tell I am feeling a little bit guilty about leaving my babies home? I know they will have lots of fun, but still I will miss them.

No comments: