Friday, December 02, 2005

Early risers

Both kids were up this morning before 7. That is unheard of at my house. They are morning sleepers, generally waking after 8. After a particularly late night, you won't see them until 9. But this morning -6:45. Pat had left to pick up his brother from the airport. I was trying to get ready for work and simulaneously making an effort to not puke and nibbling peanut butter toast. I heard Leo crying and went up to get him when Carly said Hey - can I come with you guys? I tucked them into my bed, turned on the tv, and tried to get dressed while Leo pointed at my work clothes yelling no! no! and pointed to my pajamas yelling those! those! I WISH I could wear my pjs to work. Stupid dress code. Anyway, I was hoping someone would go back to sleep but then they both heard Pat arrive home with Uncle Ben, the love of Carly's life so far (it was us for a short bit). And they were up for the day.

Leo was napping on the couch with Uncle Ben by 11:30. On the way home from preschool, Carly told Pat I am going home, taking off my boots, going up to my room, turning on my little light, and taking a nap. For everyone's sake, I hope she did!

No comments: