Pat took the kids to his mom's for the weekend and I got a weekend to myself. I would love to say I did really wonderfully crazy things with no one to worry about but myself. But I am old. And boring. I spent Saturday shopping with a friend and had a great day. Sunday I cleaned out the pantry and several closets, did some cleaning, went to the grocery store, did laundry and topped it all off with my grandma's birthday party. Now there is wild and crazy for you. But my house is clean, my laundry is done and put away. I even took apart the stroller and washed all the fabric. Can I just say YUCK????? That thing was disgusting. When the gang gets back today, I may just wash the carseats too. I know, I know, I just keep getting wilder and crazier.
I must say, I really missed my kids. Pat, too, of course. But I have gotten used to spending the weekends alone with Carly and Leo when Pat is working. And they are getting to that age where they are (knock on wood) getting easier. I don't have to pack a mammoth diaper bag every time I step out the door. I can just throw them in the car and run errands. And if there is a cart to buckle Leo into, I am reasonably assured that they will behave quite well. At home, they play nicely with their toys or each other most of the time. Leo will actually sit and watch movies now, so I can get a few things done. They love to play in the sandbox and with the fenced in backyard and locked gates, they can go in and out as they please. Our past few weekends together have been FUN. I have even been making dinner without the help of Dominos or the local Chinese place. So while I really enjoyed my weekend alone and getting stuff done with interruptions, I really missed my interruptions.
Monday, October 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment