Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Orange Day
It's orange day today at preschool. Carly headed off to school in a new orange halloween shirt with an orange ribbon in her hair. Much to her disappointment, she had to wear black pants, not orange. It didn't matter to her that she doesn't own orange pants, she wanted to be orange head to toe. Then she remembered that she does have an orange skirt, which she does. It is summery and flowery and does not match the orange halloween shirt, even though both are orange. That was not an easy explanation for a three year old to understand. And really I didn't want to tell her that I was not about to let her out of the house in a non-matching outfit. But then we set out on a treasure hunt to find orange stuff for the orange collage they are making today at school and she forgot all about what she was wearing. Ah, I love the fact that she can still be distracted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment