Really I should write Mama Mama Mama because that is all I've been hearing these days. My name has become Leo's new all purpose word. His favorite way to say it is Maaaa-maaa in a stop-kidding-me kind of sing-song way. I reply Leeeee-o. He says Maaaaaa-maa. You get the picture. It goes on for hours.
I also hear a lot of short staccato demanding Ma-ma! Ma-ma! This usually means open this bag of fruit snacks, give me some milk, or Carly took that toy away. In these situations, the context clues are very important. It's like our very own version of Blues Clues.
The new one is a I-need-help Mama, which is almost always yelled. He'll walk into a room yelling it, pointing at where ever he needs me to go. Often he has a toy stuck somewhere or has spilled something.
My favorite is the rare, softly spoken Mama, where his eyes light up, his arms wrap around my neck, I get a big slobbery kiss complete with a loud smacking sound. That's the Mama that I know means I love you.
I love you too, Leo.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment