So Carly is in that fun stage where she doesn't need a nap daily, but after a few days of no nap, really REALLy needs a nap. And, well, when life is so busy like it is for us right now, the girl is just not getting enough sleep. The kids have had a revolving door of babysitters the past few weeks. Morning shift for when Pat goes to work on the house he's redoing. Afternoon shift for football. Mommy gets third shift, the all-nighter, of course. And since there is always someone new to play with, Carly hasn't had a nap for a very long time.
Thus ensued last evenings meltdown. Not just any meltdown, a meltdown of epic proportions. She was playing outside and then it was time to come in. And so it began. Screaming like she was possessed, occasionally throwing in a I don't want to go to bed and a Noooooooooooo here and there for good measure. Screaming until she was ready to throw up, which then makes her hysterical and then she starts screaming I'm choking I'm choking. Yesiree, I expect to have child protection at my door any day.
In the midst of all the screaming, I threw her in the bathtub and quickly soaped her up. That's the kind of mean mommy I am. Really I was just hoping the shock of the water would snap her out of it. Afterwards, while I brushed her hair she was quietly half sobbing and saying I'm.....(sniff)....just...(sniffle, sob)....trying....(sob, sob)...not... to...(sniffle, sniffle)....cry.
Yeah, me too, honey. Me too.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment