Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sparkly kitten

Carly woke me up early this morning to ask me a very important question: Mommy, where is that little kitten? Uh, what? That tiny little kitten that Daddy brought home. Kitten? For a brief moment I panicked, thinking Pat really did bring home a kitten. I vaguely remember him leaving last night as I was going to bed. I really didn't think it was to go kitten shopping but Carly insisted he had brought us a kitten. Mommy, what is that kitten's name? That tiny little kitty, what is it's name? It was 6 am and Wednesday, my morning to sleep in, and here I am, awake and trying to figure out what my three year old is talking about. I had to break it to her. Honey, we don't have a tiny little kitten. She was adament and even showed me with her little hands how big it was. It's about this big, that sparkly little kitten. Where is it? Sparkly? Clearly the girl is not awake. I gently suggested she go back to bed and off she went. What a strange way to start the day.

No comments: