Sunday, June 03, 2007

Saturday with the kids and WHINING

Saturdays are typically my day with the kids. Pat is either working on our house or someone elses or trying to get stuff done he can't throughout the week. I try to get the house cleaned and run errands as well as just play with the kids. Yesterday we had a good day. We went for a walk and a bike ride, planted some flowers, and ran some errands. Carly had a hard time listening yesterday (usually it's Leo) and I found myself telling her things over and over again. Leo told me "Mom, stop telling Carly that. You're giving me a headache!" Wonder where he has heard that before.

We are smack dab in the middle of a fun new phase with the kids. I am not sure if there is an official name for it, but it consists of lots of It's not fair, He got more than me, But I didn't get any, whiney, whine, whine. And I can't stand it. Nothing drives me more crazy than whining. And I can handle kids that whine when they are tired or because they are 2 or because something really is unfair. But the whining over who got more apple slices or the fact that I got a snack for one child (who asked for a snack) and not for the other (who was outside or in the bathroom or who said they didn't want one) drives me up a wall. Ugh whining. When Carly and Leo are in the middle of it, I snuggle Sam close and whisper in his ear "you aren't going to be a whiner, are you?" He pulls away and gives me a sweet smile. I am not sure what that means. He'll have champion whiners as his coach. He might be the worst of all.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

i think we could trade kids and not even know the difference! we are right in the middle of whining season, too...yuck!

at least once a day, i tell ryan he is "the only good one i have left." i always make sure to whisper it so olivia & garrett don't repeat it to their therapist some day.