Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Big kids
Last night I let Carly and Leo ride their bikes on the street while I pushed Sam in the stroller. They both have training wheels, so I wasn't concerned about anyone falling. I was just concerned about listening. Our neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks for the most part, but does have really wide streets. Before we left, I gave them the instructions: 1) they needed to stay by the curb at all times 2) they could go ahead but needed to stop whenever I yelled stop 3) anyone who didn't stop or listen would have to get off their bike and get in the double stroller with Sam and we would go home, leaving the bike behind. Yep, Mommy's a hard-ass. But guess what? They did awesome. And I actually got a good fast walk in. There were a few stressful parts (me yelling "Leo STOP!" could probably be heard for miles at one point) and Carly panicked whenever we crossed at a 4 way stop sign and there were cars waiting for us. We played at the park before going home and watched hot air balloons in the sky. Carly thought one was going to be hit by a plane and was visibly relieved when the plane missed it (you know, by a couple hundred miles!). I was visibly relieved when the kids rode their bikes back into our driveway, home safe and sound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment