Friday, May 11, 2007
Mother's Day Surprise
Carly loves the nightly ritual of cleaning out her backpack. We look at the artwork she made. (I take a mental note of what we're keeping and what I will sneak off to the recycling when she's not looking. Seriously - the pencil tracings she does every single day - not keeping those. I'm so mean!) We talk about her day - what they had for a snack, what her teacher told them about the topic of the week, who got to be the weatherperson, who she played with, and what new toys were out in the room. Last night was no exception. Plus, it was "Thursday folder day" which means we get a big folder home with a letter from the principal and all kinds of info about things going on in school and in the community. She is always excited to give me the Thursday folder. But as she was giving me the folder, I spotted something very pink that said Happy Mother's Day. She froze, and I could tell by the look on her face that she was wondering if I saw it. SO, of course I pretended I hadn't. I chatted on about her folder and told her to put her back pack away. She said she had to go do something and went racing out of the room. She called on Daddy for reinforcements, presumably to find a good hiding spot for my present. Five year olds are the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment