Monday, January 08, 2007

Time flies when we're having fun

Sam will be six months next week. Six months! Seriously I feel like we just brought him home from the hospital. At the same time I can barely remember him as a newborn and it seems like he was always the chubby smiley baby he is today. It frightens me that six months from now I won't remember him at this age. Sigh.

Christmas was good at our house. The kids were so much fun. They had fun going from house to house on our travels, with someone new to play with. The presents were good too. Santa brought new bikes for the kids. A big girl bike for Carly and a very boy bike (with a name like "the warrior" or something) for Leo. Santa didn't really feel like doing a lot of wrapping this year. And Santa is wondering, in years to come, just what to get Sam. Poor Sam, second boy, destined to a life of hand-me-downs. He just doesn't need anything and won't for the foreseeable future. Leo has a ton of clothes and a ton of toys. Eventually, I suppose Sam will develop his own interests. And if those do not include Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder, or Diego, then Sam will get new toys!

And now we start a new year, which will include potty training (please God) and preschool for Leo, kindergarten for Carly, and Sam's first steps and first words. I am ready for 2007 and everything it has in store for us. I only hope it goes a little slower and I take the time to enjoy it a little more.

2 comments:

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah said...

ha ha. poor santa. i'm sure he'll soon learn that to have good light saber fights each boy needs a light saber :) and to have fun being super heroes they each need a costume :) call him up and tell him not to worry!! and ... by the way .. i'm with you :) i can't even believe it's been 6 months!! YIKES!!