Thursday, October 12, 2006

Summer Update

Goodness summer really flew by. Lots of things happened. It was really hot, we put an addition on the house, and oh, yes, had a baby! Actually all of those things happened in a matter of days. The house addition was all planned for a weekend in June. Rain predicted, plans cancelled, no rain. Planned for the next weekend. Same thing. Then it was the 4th of July. Pat took the kids to his mom's for several days, while I did important tasks in preparation for baby, like making sure the toilet was really clean and all the crystal in the house was washed. The the addition weekend was planned for the middle of July, which also was predicted to be (and was) the hottest weekend of the year. But no rain was predicted. We went ahead with the project. Long story short: roof off dining room, rain in dining room, 39 week pregnant woman mopping up water and moving furniture for two days. But I went into labor that night. I highly recommend panic and physical work as an induction method.

No comments: