Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A little bit of everything

I feel like most of my posts lately are about Carly and the things she says. She is just so funny lately. We were eating dinner the other night and I asked her if she knew who was coming the next day. She didn't, so Pat gave her the hint, "it starts with G and ends with Y", which would really only be helpful for a child that can spell. She yelled Granny! and we were surprised and proud because she was right. As we praised her spelling abilities, she said D. Ka ka ka. Granny. It appears that she is just a good guesser. And that we need to work on our letters.

Leo is talking plainer (that's a word right? maybe more plain) these days. Spend a little time with him and you can probably understand 70% of what he says. His favorite is I'm hungee whenever he is in bed. I can't figure out if it is a ploy to get out of bed or if he really is hungry. He woke up crying about 2:30 am. Right when Pat went to comfort him he said he was hungry and stopped crying while Pat went to get some Goldfish and water. He curled up with his bowl of crackers and went back to sleep. So the I'm hungee ploy didn't actually get him out of bed. And the truth is, he may well be hungry. The kid eats nothing. We try and make sure he has a good bedtime snack if he has been a poor eater that day (banana and peanut butter toast are the current favorites) but with the weater so nice we've been outside late and are in a rush to get them to bed, and barely have time for a snack, much less make Leo a second supper. I can't wait until summer and Carly isn't in school and I don't have to worry so much about getting her to bed early.

And the baby is good, definite growing as is my waistline. I'll be at 26 weeks this weekend and have my blood glucose test on Monday. This pregnancy is truly flying by, mostly in a flurry of tiredness. By the end of the day I am exhausted. I mean exhausted, where holding my head up is a challenge and I can barely lug my belly around. By morning (assuming I wasn't on late night goldfish duty) I feel quite a bit better. If only I could squeeze a nap into my afternoons. Think anyone at work would notice?

No comments: