Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Universe Hates Me

Seriously, I am getting to the point where I just want to scream. August was already a crazy month for us before the unfortunate events of the past few weeks - I am crazy busy with a deadline at work, Pat started coaching which means we had to come up with some wacky childcare arrangements, Carly's pre-school requires parents to attend ALOT of meetings before she can walk through those doors post-Labor Day. But with all the work that I have missed, I am even more busy, Pat missed alot of practices so he can't really be skipping out any more than necessary, and the aforementioned wacky childcare arrangements for this week are about to fall through because Leo is sick. Do we seem like gross, germy people? I am starting to feel like we must be. Someone is always sick. And need I mention that it is SUMMER???

Leo woke me up in the middle of the night with the most horrible diarrhea episode I have witnessed in my 3.5 years of mothering and almost 20 years of babysitting. The kid was poop from his toes to his armpits. I honestly thought I might throw up. If I was still pregnant, I really think I would have. That crazy person giving a 1 year old a bath and doing a few loads of laundry at 2:30 in the morning, that was me. The weirdest part is that his bed was completely clean. His carpet will never be the same, though, but still, saved me another load of laundry.

On to the pre-school saga. Carly's first day of preschool is September 7. I have been planning to take the day off work, take her to school, pick her up, maybe take her to lunch. Remember that work deadline? Found out yesterday it's September 7. No first day of pre-school for me. Well, at least I can still take her to her Open House - where she'll get to meet her teachers, the other kids in her class, see her classroom, right? Today I found out that a big work presentation to senior staff is the same day, at the SAME TIME. And I really do need to be there. Seriously, why? I know Pat can take her, but I really REALLY wanted to. Really. Plus, he'll have to bring Leo. Oh, nevermind, he has football at that same time. On days like this I really hate that I work.

No comments: