Saturday, July 23, 2005

On my own

I must admit I am surviving pretty well on my own this weekend. I found out last night Pat started cat sitting today, which means I started cat sitting today. I only had to try a bazillion keys in their door before I found the magic one. Also, a surprise storm blew in out of nowhere today. I was fresh out of the shower when the sirens sounded. I barely had time to get dressed before the electricity went out. Plus is was lunch time, Leo was so ready for a nap, the garage door was stuck up and I had the water running outside (I knew it would rain if I watered the lawn). It went completely black outside, not to mention inside. Carly asked me if it was night time. She probably thought she just had the shortest day ever. Somehow I managed to dig up a flashlight, snacks and juiceboxes and get two kids, two dogs and myself into the basement. Then I had to call my mom and ask the important questions. Do you have power? You DO? Can you turn on the TV and see what is going on? All is well though, no damage here, although the power was out for almost 2 hours. Carly kept going from room to room flipping light switches and declaring "this one doesn't work either."

We went to visit Grandpa and Grandma this evening. Grandpa had a rough week but seemed okay tonight. Mom was there as well. We had dinner and played outside. Nana took them on lots of golf cart rides and Carly got to pick fresh peas out of the garden. Leo climbed into a 5 gallon pail full of water. They had so much fun and hopefully brightened Grandpa's day.

No comments: